frequently asked questions
- Where Does the Money Go That I Earn? - Straight to your child's account at the OCHS
- What can I use my funds to pay? - Fees at OCHS and approved non-profit high school associated programs If you don't see your program, email us.
- What Fees at OCHS can be paid for by this program? Registration fees, school trips, sport fees, parking passes, prom tickets, lost books, and more. If you aren't sure, email us.
- If I don't need the money for a student account, do you still want me? Where will the money I earn go? - We would love you to volunteer your time. The funds you earn will go to the OCHS school and associated programs.
- If 2 people in my family work the same night (ie. adult & 16yr old) - what are we paid? You will each earn $70.00/night with 5.00 going to the program/school you choose.
- Is there a way to make more than $70.00/night? Yes! If you choose to be a stand lead or an assistant stand lead and go through training, you earn $80.00/night. $10.00 does not go into the program and instead you receive this for your extra work.
- Is $70.00/night the maximum I get paid for working? No, $70.00/night is the MINIMUM you will earn. We are paid by the percentage of sales in an evening. Depending on how much food/beverages are sold, we could earn more in an evening. At the end of the quarter we receive payment for our services. At that time the extra money we have made is divided equally by those working during that quarter. You are guaranteed $70.00/night into your student account - you at times will make more.
- Can my child that works use this as job experience on their resume? - Yes
- What is the minimum age I have to be to work? 16 years old
- Do I have to wear a uniform? Yes - wear black slacks, black non slip shoes, an OC hat or visor (furnished by the program), and a black OC polo shirt. Stitch n Embroidery has these shirts for purchase or you can bring in your own polo shirt for them to embroider the OC logo on for a small fee. Their number is 503-557-3554.
- Are there other benefits besides earning money? Yes! You can receive 40% employee discount on food and beverages (non alcoholic) with your MODA worker badge for events at the Moda Center, complimentary Moda Center employee pass for the nights you work, one complimentary meal per shift, free soda (approved OC beverage container required).
Have a question that isn't provided above? Contact us.